Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lots to Look Forward To

So I'm sitting here watching Rush Hour with my little sister on a cloudy Saturday afternoon, pleasantly aware of how much I have to look forward to.


Spring break starts next weekend and it cannot come soon enough. Quite literally. This year, it came about two weeks later than usual. And I'm especially excited because a) We're going to Jamaica!! and b) my two older sisters have managed to save up their absences so they can skip a week of classes and come along. This will be the first time the whole family has gone on spring break together in years and years. Hopefully we can manage to get along :)
But really, I've never needed spring break this badly. School has been unbelievably stressful this year, and as much as I love them, I need a break from my classmates. Since I'm in IB, I have all but one of my classes with the same group of 25 people. They're a really smart bunch and we get along just fine, but it gets a little tiresome 6 hours a day.


Then the weekend after I get back is prom! I'm so excited. I have been since the year started. My enthusiasm was waning some when I started having trouble getting a dress that problem was recently fixed :) My mom ordered my dress for me two nights ago, and it's on its way! Plus, we're having it at the newly remodeled Virginia Fine Arts Museum, possibly the classiest possible location we could have gotten. And I just adore that museum.


Speaking of which, I need to make sure I go by there sometime soon and check out the super-awesome Picasso exhibit. Another thing to add to my list :)


The weekend after prom, our spring musical is being performed. It's not so much the performance I'm excited about as the last few weeks of rehearsal. Things are really picking up speed at this point, and the last practices are always the most fun, memorable, and productive. In case you're interested, my school is going to be one of the first high schools in VA to perform the Phantom of Opera. Performances are May 5, 6, 7 at 7:30 p.m. at Midlothian High School in Midlothian, VA. We're doing some really cool stuff with it, and we sold out last year with Les Miserables, so I can't wait to see how we do this year.


Something else I'm looking forward to is getting my debit card. That may seem pretty trivial, but I have a long list of things I've been itching to buy, including these beautiful shoes and a bunch of lovely summer dresses, shorts, and tank tops. Summer, I'm coming!


Speaking of which, I'm also looking forward to summer. Not as much as I'm looking forward to spring break, though. Let me explain. I love not having to worry about school, but this summer, that's probably not going to be the case for the most part. Also, if I don't stay busy during the summer, I get bored. Very. Easily. And at the moment, my plans are not exactly solidified. There's an exchange trip to China that I'm not sure is even still happening and a Spanish immersion summer program to which I don't know whether I've been accepted or not. But at least I know I have a week of the beach to look forward to, and I'll have a car this summer so maybe I'll be able to take a mini road trip to see some friends in West Virginia or North Carolina.


Either way, I have lots to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment