That said, today was not the best of days, but rather than using this as an opportunity to rant about everything that upset me today in one way or another, I'm going to channel some positive energy to write an optimistic post about the things (be they music, makeup, clothes, books, whatever) that I really enjoyed during the month of September.
1. Starting with the trivial, I bought my first gray/taupe nail polish last Wednesday and have been wearing it ever since. It took me awhile to get used to the way it looked on my hands, but it's really grown on me and I honestly don't want to take it off anymore.
2. New favorite lip balm! I used to hate cherry flavored things, but recently that loathing has lessened, and this lip balm won me over. It smells and tastes amazing and leaves just the prettiest color on my lips. Not as dramatic as most of my lip stains, so it's really nice for school, especially because it's so long lasting.
3. I also bought my first concealer this month, after doing a lot of investigation and looking at a lot of reviews and recommendations. I picked this one up from Target and I'm really really pleased. I put it on my face and then rode my bike to school. I turn really red in the face when I exercise, so the downside of biking in the mornings is tomato face but hey, it's the price that must be paid for preserving the environment, right? Anyway, I checked my face in the mirror and noticed that the concealer had stayed on despite my sweating, so there were some odd places on my face that weren't red like the rest of it. Not particularly flattering, but it really showed me that it has good staying and coverage power. Yay!
4. Last week or so, I pulled my black American Rag jeggings out of my closet for the first time in months and months. After wearing them for a few hours, I realized why I practically lived in them last year. They are easily the most comfortable piece of clothing I own. I got them brand new with the tags still on at a thrift store for $10. I'm not sure if jeggings is the right word to describe them, because they're not really a jegging material, more like a really really thick legging. I wore them today and will very likely be wearing them again tomorrow or the day after. Here's an awful quality picture that I took of them ages ago. Feast your eyes.
5. Music time, music time! My oldest sister came over for dinner a few nights ago and at one point I walked into the kitchen and she was listening to this really cool song called Lose It by a Canadian band called Austra. I immediately downloaded their entire album Feel It Break and have pretty much been listening to nothing else, other than....
6. Ratatat! This is their first album that I've heard, but I'm nearly certain that I'll be making it my business to check out their other music soon too. Every song on this album has so much texture, and I love the little clips of speech (especially the German ones) that are inserted here and there. Some of the best music I've heard in a long time, and I just love this album as a whole.
7. I came across this really interesting YouTuber called Anthony Fantano, aka theneedledrop, who gives the most detailed, articulate, captivating music reviews. I've never heard of people reviewing music at all on YouTube, and I think it's just the coolest idea. I love the way he talks about music, how honest he his, his sense of humor and how he doesn't try and pretend that his opinion is the only one that matters. And how watching his videos always introduces me to new music. What more could a person want? Below is the first review of his I saw, on an album by the Fleet Foxes. If you have six and a half minutes to spare, definitely check it out.
I think that's all for now :) I hope everyone has a lovely night, and I wish you a fantastic October. Keep on shining! (Ha ha ha, cheese cheese)




No comments:
Post a Comment