Sunday, October 30, 2011

October Favorites!

Happy pre-Halloween! I really haven't been doing a very good job keeping up with this blog, but I honestly don't have anything very interesting to report. My life is incredibly uneventful, but I kind of like it that way. Just a cycle of procastination, surfing online, school, rehearsal, sleeping, eating and just a little bit of homework (when I can overcome the senioritis to actually do any). I have been wearing some nice things lately (in my opinion), but again, my camera has broken so no luck there. So here I am again with a favorites post after a month of complete nothing. Yay!


1. My first two are nail polishes of course. First is Rimmel London Lasting Finish Nail Polish in Bare Naked. I bought it back in August and didn't really like the color, but it really has grown on me now. I put it on at the beginning of the week when I had gotten tired of wearing color but still wanted something on my nails (I've started really disliking the way they look without polish). This polish has just the prettiest pinkish tinge to the nude, looking either salmon-y in artificial light or peachy in natural light. I absolutely adore both, and how natural it looks on my nails. It takes ages to dry, but it doesn't chip easily and I love the color too much to care anyway. The photo below is not of my hands, just one I found on the internet but I think it's a really accurate representation of the color.

2. Next is OPI's Brisbane Bronze. The formulation for this nail polish is a little thin and sheer, but it looks gorgeous after two or three layers. I had this on my nails during my family trip to the mountains two weeks ago, and I honestly couldn't stop staring at my nails in the autumn sunlight when we were hiking.

3. Next up is the Weleda Refining Toner. I really like natural skin and haircaire, so I've tried a few Weleda products but never actually owned one myself, mostly because of the high price tag. The other day though, I was at my Target actually looking for a toner and then I saw this in a clearance basket, marked down from $17 to $4.83. You can probably imagine my excitement. Of course I had to take it home with me, and I'm really really happy with it. It smells amazing and definitely does its part in my skincare routine. Speaking of which, I think this past month has been the first time in my life I've actually been really consistent in washing, moisturizing, etc my face. Is that sad? As a result though, my skin looks and feels really healthy, despite recent lack of sleep, balanced diet and abundance of stress. Anyways, LOVE this toner. The packaging is gorgeous too :)

4. My Goodwill/Man sweater. For a picture and a long rant about why I love it, you can check out my outfit  post featuring it here. To sum it up, it's beautiful, comfortable and is my favorite sweater ever.


5. The last one is an item that I unfortunately don't have a photo of for you guys, but it's a vintage, long dark blue silk skirt that I found lying around in my house sophomore year and actually used as part of a costume for the spring musical I was in that year, Les Miserables. It disappeared until I recently found it in a pile of clothing my little sister had sorted of out her closet. She was kind enough to give it to me, YAY! I am in LOVE with this thing. It feels so awesome to the touch and accentuates my waist really nicely even without a belt. It goes with pretty much everything in my wardrobe, and of course long skirts are perfect for fall. Once I have a functional camera again, I'll definitely do an outfit post using the skirt. Promise.


6. Last but not least, my two favorite albums of the month. First is the most recent Fleet Foxes album Helplessness Blues, which I came across thanks to theneedledrop on YouTube (see previous post). Something about Fleet Foxes's sound just makes their songs the epitome of Fall and Winter music to me, and this album is so sweetly gentle and beautiful that I'm sure I'm going to be listening to it well through the next few months.


5. Last but certainly not least, MGMT's by this point somewhat older album Oracular Spectacular. After being unable to stop listening to Electric Feel, I took the plunge and got the whole album. And I love it. I really like that it's kooky, upbeat and danceable without being overpowering. Thumbs up from Annika, without a doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment