Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sweater Love

It might be odd for me to bring it up now on Tuesday, but I didn't really have any time to mention it on Sunday or Monday, but I had an unusually eventful weekend, which included hanging out with my dear friend Julia for the first time in a long while. We did many fun things which I'll blog about later, but one of the greatest accomplishments for me of that Saturday evening was discovering this lovely sweater at Goodwill:

Although it's already too warm here to really wear sweaters comfortably (I was really hot most of today), I had to buy it. I've wanted a sweater like this for such a long time, but I've mostly been reluctant to dish out a lot of money on a sweater that I was scared would look too preppy on me. That wasn't really an issue here, because I only spent $6 on it. 

The sweater definitely belonged to some man before I bought it, but it's unbelievably soft and comfortable, and the sleeves are just the right length. A perfectly comfy sweater.

 In case you didn't know already, I love pockets. Not usually so much on shirts or sweaters, but these pockets are just... I don't know, they make me so happy.
 
The buttons are plastic. But they make a very nice clinking noise when they come into contact with hard surfaces, and they look fairly real, so I don't mind. Another reason I really wanted this sweater was the colors. Other than this sweater, I literally only own gray and black cardigans, so I needed something more colorful. Granted, it's not a rainbow, but the colors look so elegant together and they'll be fantastic for fall.

Also, I'm really glad it goes so well with this old shirt of mine and takes down its girlishness a notch. Now, even after two or three years of ownership, I don't feel like I've run out of ways to wear it.

To be honest, I was having some doubts right after I bought it, but after wearing it today, I couldn't be happier. Yay sweater!

I also did a lot of other fun things over the past few days and took more clothes pictures. When I have time, I'll post them. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment