Friday, March 11, 2011

Hang In There Japan

I'll be the first to admit that I live an extremely comfortable, privileged life. I've never suffered any major tragedies or experienced any disasters, natural or otherwise. I've never had anything I love dearly taken from me in the way that so may people do every day, whether it's family or friends or my home or anything else. So honestly, I can't imagine what those millions of poor people in Japan, Hawaii and other places are feeling right now.
Awful, awful, awful.
There is burning debris on the water!
Horrible.
As awful as it is, I think the world kind of needs a newsflash. No matter what the political situation of a country is, we need to remember that the people are people, and people need help when shit like this happens.
I hope to goodness that Japan and everyone else who was affected by this will get all of the help they need, that no one they care about got hurt, and that everyone recovers from this and can rebuild what they've lost as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment