Wednesday, March 23, 2011

When I Go to Parties

I'll admit here and now that I don't often to go parties. Possibly because my friends aren't really the partying sort/I don't get out much/I don't get invited to parties. As a rule. And anyways, I'm not really a partying girl. I mean, I love to dance and talk to people and have a good time, but I'm not really into the whole there may or may not be booze/other sketchy stuff that just complicates life for a not-yet-adult like me.
But anyhoodles, miracle of miracles, I was invited to a party last Friday! Admittedly, it was a completely birthday party, unsketch as could be, with a bonfire and hot dogs and guys throwing football and people admiring the moon. I didn't really know a whole lot of people there, but I talked to a few girls I already knew and got to know them better, which is always neat. Either way, it was a fun way to spend a normally empty Friday night.
Possibly the best thing about going to this party was having an excuse to have some fun/overthink picking out my outfit.

A little nautical, a little vintage, a little springy. Definitely a bit more mismatched than usual, but since they were all fairly muted colors (dark purple, dark blue, gray, white, off-white, brown) I think it worked out quite nicely.

I really love all of the stuff I'm wearing. There are few things more pleasing than putting a bunch of random pieces of clothing that you absolutely adore on and realizing that a) they work together and b) make a decently attractive outfit.

Out of everything, the shirt is newest. I got it a while ago, not so much because it looks good on me but because I love the ruffles and sailor-ishness of it. A lot of other girls have the same shirt though, which is a bit of a bother. I don't like owning the same clothes as other people because then I start comparing who looks better in it and then things just go south. So I have to try my hardest to wear it differently than anyone else so I don't feel so much like we have the same shirt. If that makes sense.

Also, I not too long ago learned how to French braid, and I'm kinda obsessed with it. If you look at my last post, you'll see I'm sporting the same hairstyle. It's just so functional, and pretty at the same time.

Obligatory blurry picture.
But no really, I was very proud of this outfit. Clothes are such fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment